Monday, May 17, 2010

Inspiration Abounds

I had a great time at the AIDS Walk on Sunday. There were lots of different personalities, cheerleaders, drumlines, or salsa bands at different intervals on the walk. The best part for me was on a corner of a Harlem street with a DJ blasting Michael Jackson. People walking decided randomly to bust out into a dance break for a few minutes before joining the walk again, making me feel like I was in a musical. It was pretty awesome. Twice on my walk, people leaned out of their windows and banged on pots. The experience was both fun and inspiring. The event raised $5,717,610 and 45,000 people walked. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my campaign!

In other news, I read about the Robin Hood Foundation fundraising gala in Biz Bash. The event was held at the Javitz Center had 3,600 guests including Stevie Wonder, Sting, Brian Williams, and Jimmy Fallon. This event inspired me for two reasons. First, the pictures of the decor are amazing and extremely creative. Secondly, they raised a total of $87.8 million, a personal record. Great job! That's an amazing accomplishment, especially in a recession!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Thanks for the name drop. I feel special! :D

    ReplyDelete